US highest teen pregnancy and birth rates
US highest teen pregnancy and birth rates
The United States has the highest teen pregnancy and birth rates in the developed world. In 2008, Nevada had the second highest teen pregnancy rate in the U.S.at 90 pregnancies per 1,000 teen girls aged 13-18 years old (SNHD).
Here are various risk factors or precursors for adolescent pregnancy according to Youth.gov:
1. Living in poverty and low self-esteem.
2. Limited maternal education achievement.
3. Having a mother who gave birth before the age of 20.
4. Single parent home or living at home with frequent family conflict.
5. Early sexual activity or use of alcohol and drugs.
6. Teen’s race and ethnicity.
Here are some risk factors for teens that become pregnant:
1. Not receiving prenatal care.
2. Depression and lack of appropriate parenting skills.
3. Medical conditions that include hypertension and preeclampsia, pregnancy anemia, and conditions that can damage organs or disrupt the growth of the fetus.
Nevada has these two resources for adolescents that become pregnant.
1. Southern Nevada Health District. This health district has a teen prevention program to assist teens in the local community. The teen pregnancy prevention program is designed to promote safe sexual and reproductive health practices to reduce unplanned pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections among adolescents 13-19 years of age through health education, community outreach, and positive youth development. The program works with community partners to provide evidence-based curriculum to youth who are at highest risk for teen pregnancy. In addition, the program focuses resources in communities where youth are at highest risk for teen pregnancy.
2. Nevada 2-1-1. This is a resource that is committed to helping Nevadans connect financially with services they need. Several resources they provide for adolescent pregnant girls are prenatal care and alternative pregnancy options, infant formula and food, and guidance on nursing for expected or new mothers.
From 1991 to 2016, the teen birth rate in the state of Nevada has continued to decline 68%. Here are some recent statistics in the state of Nevada. The teen pregnancy birth rates per 1000 teens from ages 15-19 were 2008-45.6, 2009-41.1, 2010-38.6, 2011-36.1, and 2012-33.9. In addition, the total teen births in recent years were 2013- 4190 births, 2015- 2385 births, and 2016- 2078 births.
Reasons for this decline in recent years are less sex, more effective contraceptive use, and more information and resources about teen prevention.
Nevada 2-1-1. Retrieved from: https://www.nevada211.org/maternity-services/#
Southern Nevada Health District (SNHD). Teen Pregnancy Prevention Program.
Retrieved from: http://www.southernnevadahealthdistrict.org/tppp/teen-pregnancy-nv.php
U.S. Department of Health and Human. Nevada Adolescent Reproductive Health Facts.
Retrieved from: https://www.hhs.gov/ash/oah/facts-and-stats/national-and-state-data-sheets/adolescent-reproductive-health/nevada/index.html
Youth.gov. Risk and Protective Factors. Retrieved from:
You must proofread your paper. But do not strictly rely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part and you can expect your grade to suffer accordingly. Papers with numerous misspelled words and grammatical mistakes will be penalized. Read over your paper – in silence and then aloud – before handing it in and make corrections as necessary. Often it is advantageous to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Handwritten corrections are preferable to uncorrected mistakes.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT