Psychiatry floor/charge nurse Discussion 6
Psychiatry floor/charge nurse Discussion 6
· Provides therapeutic interactions with patients to assist them in identifying sources of anxiety and depression in locked unit
· Coordinates with other nurses and mental health workers to provide appropriate input and effectively formulate and implement treatment plan for the patient
· Identifies behavioral problems to make suitable recommendations.
· Provides assistance, suggestions and conducts clinical supervision of patient care during specific shifts.
· Provides psychosocial interventions, behavioral therapy, family therapy and milieu therapy
· Experience with patient screening, transfers, admissions, daily assessments, and discharges as well as medication administration in both routine and emergency situations.
· Manages over 25 incidents of patient violence via use of de escalation techniques, psychotropic medications, and physical restraints.
Thorek Memorial Hospital (Chicago, IL) Sep 2018- Jan 2020
Medical psychiatry charge Nurse
· Works with unit leadership to identify and minimize barriers to providing coordinated care
· Provides leadership in the daily operations of a unit
· Provides leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession
· Maintains clinical expertise by providing direct patient care, acting as a charge nurse and serving as clinical resource
· Addresses issues related to Intensity of Service and Severity of Illness to confirm medical necessity for admission and continued stay in conjunction with the centralized Medicare Admission Review Department
· Collaborates with the healthcare team including, but not limited to: Attending/Specialty Physicians, Social Worker, Pharmacist, Admission Notification, Medicare Admission Review and Nursing to ensure the progression of an effective treatment plan and smooth clinical transition in care
· Provides services for individual patients and on identified patient care areas to facilitate optimal patient outcomes
Chicago Lakeshore Hospital (Chicago, IL) Nov 2016-Present psychiatric Charge Nurse & Detox Nurse
· Responsible for providing safe and therapeutic care to children ages 4 to 17 in a psychiatric inpatient setting, working with individuals that have severe mental health and behavioral difficulties
· Responsible for providing safe and therapeutic care for Adults in a psychiatric inpatient setting and detox unit.
· Oversee milieu activity, leading nursing and clinical staff in order to have structured treatment on daily basis.
· Specialized in non-violent crisis intervention through verbal and behavioral de-escalation techniques.
· Administered medication, maintaining medication management and provided PRN crisis intervention compliant with doctor’s orders and hospital policy.
· Complete nursing documentation including assessments, medication administration, treatment plans, discharge summary, and follow-up care, etc.
· Conducted nursing groups, providing psycho-education and health education to patients
· Built therapeutic rapport with patients and family, assisting in holistic care.
· Ensured HIPPAA compliance
University College Hospital (Ibadan, Nigeria) Jun 2014-Oct 2016
Emergency Room Nurse
· Active medical team member in a fast paced environment, providing emergency treatment and support in order to stabilize patients in crisis situations.
· Monitored patient conditions and assessed status by obtaining all vital signs and consistent observations.
· Provided direct patient care in preparing individuals for medical procedures, transferring patients, facilitating successful discharges.
· Educated patients in order to ensure stability upon discharge such as wound irrigation and dressing, medication management, etc.
Outreach Children Hospital (Lagos, Nigeria) Aug 2010-May 2016
Medical / NICU Charge Nurse
· Worked as a team to provide primary care for neonatal and pediatric patients ages 0 to 18, in medical setting.
· Completing a wide range of services including wellness visits, routine health exams, illness treatment, injuries and life-threatening conditions.
· Administered pharmacological and non-pharmacological medicines to patients, providing education in medication management.
· Responsible for primary care, case management, and medication management.
· Empathically interacted with patients and families, ensuring comfort and quality medical care.
Walden University (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
· Masters and psychiatry mental health pract March 2019 – current
Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) April 2017-July 2018
· Graduated with Bachelor Degree in Nursing
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT