Aging Changes in Hormone Levels Essay
Aging Changes in Hormone Levels Essay
Locate 10 recent articles, book chapters, and/or Web sites on the topic, and create a reference list using APA format.
- Sources must have been published in the last five years.
- Examples of appropriate sources are scholarly professional journals, as explained athttp://www.umuc.edu/library/guides/identify.shtml .
- Library databases recommended for this assignment include CINHAHL (Nursing and Allied Health Literature) and AgeLine.
- No more than two websites may be used, and they must be evaluated for trustworthiness athttp://www.umuc.edu/library/guides/web.shtml#Evaluate .
- Feel free to ask a librarian at UMUC for research help at http://www.umuc.edu/library/help/ask.shtml
Part Two (Begin on separate paper):
Write an annotated bibliography. Each citation in your reference list should be followed by a brief (usually about 150 word) descriptive and evaluative paragraph explaining how this source will help to develop your paper. For more information on creating an annotated bibliography, visit: http://www.library.cornell.edu/olinuris/ref/research/skill28.htm .
Part Three (Begin on separate paper):
Formulate a thesis statement and an outline for your paper. For information on creating a thesis statement, seehttp://umuc.edu/ewc/students/multimedia.shtml .
Create a paper outline using the following format:
Research Paper Title
- Introduction: Grab attention, relate importance to health and aging, and present a focused thesis statement. For more information, see: http://www.umuc.edu/ewc/students/intro.shtml.
- Body: Main points and articles your will use to support your point.
- Main point 1 (reference 1: author’s name, year; reference 2: author’s name, year;…)
- Main point 2 (reference 1: author’s name, year; reference 2: author’s name, year;…)
- Main point 3 (reference 1: author’s name, year; reference 2: author’s name, year;…)
III. Conclusion: Wrap up your paper with a brief summary of your main points. For more information, see:http://www.umuc.edu/ewc/students/conclude.shtml .
Part Four (Seperate paper):
Write a 6-8 page draft of your paper, including the following:
- Title page: Provide the title of the paper, your name, and the course and section
- Introduction: Grab attention, relate importance to health and aging, and present a focused thesis statement
- Body: Identify and develop each main point in an organized, clear manner, using in-text citations. Discuss possible solutions to the issue.
- Conclusion: Wrap up your paper with a brief summary of your main points.
- Reference list: Incorporate revisions from Part/Step 1
You must proofread your paper. But do not strictly rely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part and you can expect your grade to suffer accordingly. Papers with numerous misspelled words and grammatical mistakes will be penalized. Read over your paper – in silence and then aloud – before handing it in and make corrections as necessary. Often it is advantageous to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Handwritten corrections are preferable to uncorrected mistakes.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT